- Justine received her own domain name for Chirstmas! Justinescrafts.com
We put up one page to start with. Please be patient as it'll take
a while to design the site and get it built.
We have edited our pages to correctly identify the birds we had previously
called Ameraucanas as "Easter-Eggers". They were purchased as Ameraucanas
(as fertile eggs), but since they matured, do not meet the APA standard
- A visitor made us aware of a problem on the White Guinea photo page,
which we found and corrected. Thanks, Brenda!!
- For the past few weeks we have been going through all our links pages
to find broken ones and repair them if possible.
been moderately successful, but had to simply remove some that no longer
existed. The University of Colorado has permanently removed ALL their
poultry documents from their website since they no longer retain a poultry
- We've been busy for the past week editing EVERY external (off-site) link
on the website so that it opens in a new browser window. This keeps
our visitors from getting lost on the WWW. All you need to do is
close the second window and you're back here.
- Updated navigation links at the bottom of all pages to match new options
on Home page menu.
- We moved the following options from links on other pages and added them
to the main menu on the home page:
- We started our own page of Chicken
Jokes. Got a good (clean) one? Email
us and we'll post it and give you credit!!
- Posted all the Awards
our website has won to date: 8 pages with a total of 75 awards so
- Modified our Guestbook
so that it sends an automatic "Thank You" message to whoever signs it.
Added various links.
- A problem was reported with visitors using Internet Explorer that caused
some photo pages to display MUCH wider than the window, forcing the visitor
to scroll WAYYY over to the right to see the pictures. I think we
now have it fixed. PLEASE! If you find or suspect a problem
with the website, please let us know.
- We received a suggestion from one of the review sites that really made
sense, so we have added "little links" to the bottom of every page on the
website to make it a little easier to navigate. See the bottom of this
page for an example.
- We're submitting the website to numerous organizations and award sites
for review. We will no longer update this page every time we receive
an award, because they're coming in FAST!
- We're gaining momentum! Our website has received FOUR new awards
in the last week. See the Awards
- Our site was rated by SafeSurf.com and approved from all ages.
The logo was added to our home and awards
- Added numerous links to University Extension Service Help Documents to
about 15 of the links pages.
- Posted a copy of our NPIP
Certificate on the website with links from the "Our
- Added numerous links to the Poultry
- Updated our auction
feedback page to include all feedback from the Poultry Connection and
- Temperatures here in Central Texas reached 112°f yesterday (actual
temp, NOT "heat index") and we lost ALL 4 of our Blue/Blue Splash Cochin
pullets/hens to the heat. This leaves us with just three cockerels in that
breed. We've removed the B/BS Cochins from the breeds page and removed
their photo pages from the website. We also lost 1 Barred Rock pullet,
1 RIR hen, and one pair of white Silkie Bantams yesterday. Temps
today are only supposed to get to 98°f.
- Added a final page
of 3 Barn Pen Photos showing how the barn center aisle looks now that
the pens are complete.
- Added a number of cool website links to the Other
Websites of Interest page.
- Added numerous links to various Help
- Posted photos of our new egg shipping labels to the Egg
- Added a page of University
Extension Service Website Links and added numerous additional links
to the other pages.
- Added a page of Other
Interesting Websites, for our visitors when they get tired of looking
at poultry :o)
- Started link pages for Personal
Poultry Websites, Personal
Farm and Ranch Websites and Other
Personal Websites. These are going to be primarily swapping pages.
We'll post links for other websites if they post links to ours. We
put a few on there to start with so the pages aren't empty.
- Added over 100 Help Links to University Extension Services on various
poultry topics to our Link
- Began a Page of links to Poultry
and Egg Recipes. There's only a few there, but it will grow.
If you have a favorite recipe, submit it and we'll get it on line!
- We added photo pages for the following breeds: Blue
Cochin Bantams, White
Cochin Bantams, Silver
Sebrights and Buff
- Our website has been rated with the Internet
Content Rating Association as Child Safe; i.e.: no sex, violence, nudity
or foul (not fowl) language. Their logo has been added to our home
- Busy day!! Added the following pages of breeder pictures: Production
Barred Rocks, Lemon Blue
Modern Game Bantams, Silver
Duckwing Old English, Lakenvelders,
Spangled Hamburgs, Black
also updated the Buff Japanese,
Tailed White Japanese.
- Posted 2 pages of pictures of our new barn
while it was being built and added the link to the Tour
- Posted a page of photos of our Ameraucanas
and added them to the BreedsPage.
- Posted a page of photos of our Rhode
Island Reds and added them to the Breeds
- Posted a page of photos of the construction of our nest
boxes that are now mounted in all the barn pens.
- The Poultry Connection auction was moved to www.eggbay.com today.
Edited the auction page
to correct the links.
- Finally posted a Hatching
Egg Price List. Please contact us before ordering to check availability!
- Broke up the "Our
Services" Page. Added a page for "Hatching
Eggs", "Help Pages",
"Chicks and Adult
- Added page of Farm
Management Help Links to the links pages.
- Added huge page of links to Raising
Poultry Help Documents.
- Added links to several of the links pages. Too numerous to list each.
- Added page of Other
Agricultural Websites to the links pages.
- You won't believe this! I didn't either so I took a few pictures
for posterity. The
Happy Egg laid on Aug 6, 2000.
- Added a page of Agricultural
Web Search Engines and several additional Turkey links.
- Added links to Farm
& Ranch Organizations and a number of additional hatcheries.
- Added a links pages for Hatcheries,
- Added a comprehensive page of web help links related to Eggs
and Egg Production.
- Added a LONG list of Frequently
Asked Poultry Questions from Mississippi State Univ.
- Added a page of web help links containing great information about Poultry
Feed and Nutrition.
- Added a page containing over 50 links to information on Poultry
Incubation and Brooding. These links contain all you ever wanted
to know about incubating eggs and brooding chicks!
- Added a page of links to Exhibition
/ 4H Poultry information to the Links
- Added pages of links for Poultry
Genetics and Biosecurity
to the Links Index.
These are VERY comprehensive lists with an enormous amount of information.
- Added a full page of Lavender
Guinea Photos and the "big" Texas chicken photo to the home page.
- Added a page of Chicken
Joke Links to the Links
Index with links to Chicken Run Movie Sites.
- MAJOR CHANGE !!!
- We've broken the home page up into several smaller pages linked from
the home page. We did this to make the home page load faster.
Let us know how you like it.
- Added a page of tips to help you get a good
hatch with shipped eggs.
We are very proud to announce that our website has been chosen to receive
a "one of the best" award from Frit's Farm. Frit is the author of
the "Gardening with Guineas" book
featured on our Guinea
Links Page. The award has been placed proudly on our Awards
Page. Thanks so much, Frit!
- Added a page of Needlecraft
Links since Justine is into Cross Stitching.
- Added "meta keywords", "titles" and "descriptions" on every HTML page
on the website so that Search Engines can find us from any page.
This is invisible to website visitors, but "screams" to search engines.
- Added two more photo pages of Barn
Pen and Roost Construction done last week while I was on vacation.
- Added a page of Poultry
Housing Web Links to the Links
Index. Many more to come, but this is a start.
- Added a comprehensive Site
Map listing all pages on this website with links to them.
- Added a page of maps
to show where we're located in Lampasas County, Texas.
- Added a number of new entries to the Poultry
Supplies Links Page.
Added a page of egg Incubation
and Hatching Instructions and an Incubation
Trouble Shooting Chart to the website. We searched the web for
the best, clearest and most complete information on the subject to post
here and these are the best we found. They came from Mississippi
State University and credit is given the author on each page.
- Started a page of Poultry
Supply sources, but we've got lots more of them to add yet.
Added THREE pages of photos we took at the
Park Zoo in Waco, Texas on May 27, 2000.
- Added a page of photos of our Independence
Day Fireworks display in our back yard.
- Added two more pages of garden photos, Garden
Photos 4 and Garden
Photos 5, taken 7/2/2000.
- Added photos of Foxy,
the Pomeranian, and a history of how she came to live with us.
- FREE KITTENS TO A GOOD HOME. One of Justine's cats had 5 kittens on June
1, Four are available to good homes. Here's a page of cute
kitten pictures, even if you don't want any !
- Added several photos to the Barn
Electrical Wiring page showing more detail and external lighting.
- Added page of photos of Justine's White
Chinese Geese who just hatched out 3 goslings three weeks ago.
- Added several photos to the craft
egg page showing comparative size and color of our available eggs.
- Added photo page of craft
egg art by Beth Leblanc of Overland Park, Kansas.
Replaced the "Sunflower" Home icon on all pages with new blue buttons.
Also added new buttons to all pages.
- Added page of local Central
Texas Links - Nearby Cities and attractions.
- Added a page of Ratite
- Finally put the Master
Links Index on the website even though only several of the pages are
- Added a BIG page of Guinea
Fowl links and Recommended reading on guinea fowl.
- We've been asked several times how to sex Coturnix Quail. We just
posted a full page of Coturnix
Quail pictures with three photos of pairs showing the difference between
the males and females. The page also contains incubation specifics.
Working feverishly on LINKS pages! Only a few are done so far.
The LINKS Index isn't available from the homepage yet, but if you want
to check it out and maybe make some suggestions for inclusion on the links
pages, click here ->> LINKS
PAGE - Under Construction
- Posted a page of photos of our Quail
Posted page of photos of Justine
mowing the pasture on 6/15 and getting toasted by the June Texas sun.
We MADE IT - 100 Positive auction feedbacks, 0 Negative. Updated feedback
page through 20 June 2000.
- Posted a page of photos taken around
the farm on 4/21/2000 and 5/22/2000.
- Posted a page of photos and description of Pysanky
art decorated eggs linked from the Craft
- Posted photo of Coturnix quail eggs on the Craft
- Added a page of photos of our Gold
Sebright breeders and excess cockerels.
- MDK Auctions has changed
hands and the link on our home page is now updated so that it connects
to their NEW URL instead of the old one. Also fixed the link to view
only our auctions on their site.
- We also added a page of photos of our Blue
Splash Cochin Bantams, and added one photo to the d'Anvers
Added a page of Texas
Related Links. This could be a full time job!! The more
I looked, the more I found!
Another Award!! We were just informed that our website has been selected
for listing in CyberTeddy's
People's Choice 500 Websites! The Award has been placed on our Awards
page. Thanks, Teddy!!
Updated Auction Feedback
as of 06 June 2000 - 85 positive feedbacks - ZERO negative feedbacks!
- The Poultry
Help Line has now proved to be functional, so LETS
ASK SOME QUESTIONS, FOLKS!
We've just about got the Message Board software working. Just a little
more tweaking... For now, we've named it the "Poultry
Help Line" and it's available NOW
for our customers and others to ask poultry or gamebird related questions
or offer help to others. The software being used is the same as Tim uses
on the Poultry Connection Forum. PLEASE keep in mind it is in the testing
stage, so if you have trouble, email me with what happened.
- Added page of pictures of our Home
Office taken at 2AM this morning!
- Added page of photos of our Black
Tailed White Japanese, and a couple more baby
- We won an award! Virtuocity.com has awarded our website their Family
Friendly Site Award.
- We now accept Visa and MasterCard via PayPal.com
a free, secure service on the web. Click HERE
to find out more.
- Another page of photos of construction done this past weekend. Barn
Pens 3 - Pen Door Construction and starting on the chicken wire.
- Added 2 pages of photos of pen construction (May 2-5) in the new barn:
Pens 1 and
- The link to the Local
Weather got trashed somehow (gremlins)... but it's fixed now.
- Added page of pictures of the pens inside
the new barn.
- Added SEVEN Photo Pages: Around
the House #1, Around
the House #2, Around
the Farm, Our Workshop,
and three pages of garden photos: Garden
1, Garden 2 and
- You can now sign up for our E-mail
Newsletter and automatically get any new info about our farm, website,
birds, offers, hatches, etc.
- Got the Guestbook
working and posted it to the site.
- Added an html link to the Weather
Channel to provide current weather and a 7 day forecast.
- Added Egg Packaging
html page with pictures.
- Added Craft Egg
information page and prices.
to 4/14/2K - Added LOTS of HTML pages of pictures
of our breeds and facilities.
added some web graphics and a few links to NPIP, etc.
- Website first placed on line with one html page.